Bookish Journal #7: GoT Party, Meeting Robert Redford, & Breakfast With Emilia

, by Unknown

Hello all!

As you might have noticed, I've been rather quiet on the internet in the last couple of weeks. This tends to happen when you're real life become much too interesting to spend online! Here are some of the things I've been up to as of late:

1.) Game of Thrones Exhibit VIP Party: A week ago there was a party celebrating the opening of the free Game of Thrones exhibition provided by Time Warner and HBO in New York City. Pietro & I were one of the select people in the city invited to attend much to my fangirl enjoyment! The exhibit showcased costumes from the cast including Emilia Clarke's, Peter Dinklage's, and Kit Harrington's. You could also take a picture on a throne replica and play an archery video game. Endless plates of meat and a special GoT honey ale were provided and I will admit to getting more than just a little buzzed off that delicious ale.



I got to meet the cast that showed up but the highlights of the evening including talking with John Bradley-West (Sam) and Kit Harrington for a while! Sam and I discussed the best places in the city he should visit while Kit and I debated on whether or not we should have a meat throwing contest. To top off the night we were sent home with incredible goodie bags which included a bottle of the ale, playing cards, an etched beer glass, and more! Being a journalist may not pay much but you get invited to all the best parties and you get to meet fantastic people.

Which leads me to 2.) Meeting Robert Redford. I saw a screening of his new film he both directed and starred in called "The Company You Keep" and it is by the far the best movie of 2013 as of yet. It is a masterpiece of filmmaking with an incredible cast. My mom was so excited for me to meet him that she kept texting me the weekend before and the morning of fangirling about it. I couldn't get a picture with him, but he was wonderful to talk to and is still as dashing at the age of 76. And I grabbed his coffee cup ;)


3.) Seeing "Breakfast At Tiffany's" on broadway: Pietro and I were able to see the 2nd showing of this and I completely fell in love with it. This play is based more on the novella set in the 1940s and has major differences from the vastly popular 1967 movie with Audrey Hepburn  You can read my full review of it here. Emilia Clarke of "Game of Thrones" fame is marvelous as Holly Golightly, and I would highly reccommend catching a show if you have the chance.


Those are just the main things I've been up to as of late, but I'll blog more about the lesser exciting ones soon. (Such as why I binge watched all of season one of "My Mad Fat Diary" in one sitting because it's  fucking brilliant)

Until next time,



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've had an awesome coupla weeks! The GoT party looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete