2012

, by Unknown




For as long as I can remember, 2012 was the year all my dreams would come true. Growing up 2012 was the year I'd finally graduate from school, move to the city and lead a glamorous life as a writer in the city. In the beginning of this year I had three major goals: 1.) Graduate from college 2.) Move to New York City 3.) Land a kick ass job. I am proud to say that I achieved all of them. However it did not turn out quite as I expected, as such if with life.


Usually I write up a long blog post detailing my year in full, but this year I don't need to. Those who matter know the details and those who don't matter never needed to know to begin with. However, here are some highlights for you all:


Life Highlights of 2012

  • Spring semester at Rutgers I took 7 classes (22 credits) and even when a professor told me I wasn’t competent enough to pass that many classes, I did
  • Handled the Comic Book Men gossip and lies with my head held high (more details on that)
  • I graduated from college
  • Landed awesome NYC job and then quit four months later when I knew I deserved better
  •  Traveled to SDCC again and befriended many good people
  • Braved the New York real estate and moved to my own studio on the Upper West Side
  • Met Karen Allen, twice
  • Learned to stand up for myself when it comes to untrustworthy people
  • Interned at the New York Public Library
  • Met and interviewed Peter Jackson

Quotes That Defined 2012



  • “Be easy on yourself. Have fun. Only hang around people that are positive and make you feel good. Anybody who doesn’t make you feel good, kick them to the curb. And the earlier you start in your life the better. The minute anybody makes you feel weird and non-included or not supported, you know, either beat it or tell them to beat it.” — Amy Poehler
  • "We set out to be wrecked." - J.M. Barrie
  • "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." - Charles Caleb Colton
  • “To even have one year when you’re presented with choices that can alter your circumstances, your character, your course- that’s by God alone. And it shouldn’t come without a price.” -Amor Towles
And with that, happy New Year's Eve and I wish you all the very best<3

0 comments:

Post a Comment