"Studies show that intelligent girls get more depressed because they know what the world is really like."

, by Unknown

Hello guys!

I hope everyone survived the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. Things are still pretty bad in New York and New Jersey but myself and everyone I love is safe and for that I am very thankful. I was supposed to start working at the New York Public Library this week but the building as well as all transit in the city has been shut down. Tomorrow I do start at a bookstore in my neighborhood though!  I'm nervous but in a good way, and am looking forward to be surrounded by books again.

Tomorrow is the start of National Novel Writing Month (#NaNoWriMo) and this is the first year that I'm actively participating in it. For those of you who don't know what this is, in short #NaNoWriMo is a challenge to write 50,000 words in the month of November- the equivalent to the length of a novel. I have a a basic idea of what kind of novel to write, but I won't over think it for once. I'm the kind of writer that likes to have an outline and extensive backstory charts for all the characters. This tends to take a lot out of the writing process and I hope jumping straight into the story without much planning will do me good. I've had writer's block for the past month, growing stagnant with my current story ideas and running out inspiration.

I'll keep you guys updated on my writing process here on this blog. You can also join #NaNoWriMo at at the site and become my writing buddy through my profile HERE. If you are doing the challenge drop me a line on Twitter and we can keep each other motivated!

In order to prepare for #NaNoWriMo I am reading "The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood and watching the "Pushing Daises" TV show. I admire both styles of writing and I plan on creating my own voice that's a mixture of the two.

What are you guys currently reading that inspire you?



0 comments:

Post a Comment