“And once you live a good story, you get a taste for a kind of meaning in life, and you can't go back to being normal."

, by Unknown


Hello guys! This late Sunday afternoon I’m sitting on a train back to the city after spending the weekend with my family in Jersey. One of the main reasons I visited was because one of my favorite people Angela (@angelaplz) was also visiting the area. You might know Angela as my soccer loving, often yelling, science briantic best friend from college. She lives back in upstate Jersey now so haven’t been able to see each other for nearly six months.

Angela and I spent Saturday catching up on all the drama and events we’ve missed as well as lunch and coffee with my mom before settling down to do our favorite pastime: picking a weird ass movie on Netflix and yell things at the television. Somehow we always end up watching strange films such as “Four Faced Liar” which turned out to be about lesbians or “Timer” which is about injecting a device into your arm to detect when you’ll meet your soul mate.  This weekend’s pick was “Reality Bites” with Winona Ryder, Ethan Hawke, and Steve Zahn. For a film set in the 90s about post college misfit and finding true love, it won positive reviews from both of us.

Saturday night my family visited my other favorite female, my cousin Kim (@NotAKennedy) and her dad, my Uncle Ray. Uncle Ray and my dad are best friends and we all have the best pizza nights. This particular one included a story about my parents accidentally visiting a ship owned by a cult (“Only dumbass white people join cults.” –Kim) and then watching “How To Train Your Dragon” on Telemundo. It was a very successful night indeed.
 
Currently:

Reading: “Story of a Million Years” by David Huddle. I found this book for a dollar at Book Off, a store run by Asians in Midtown where I find the best and cheapest movies and novels. The story featured a group of characters and explored how the actions of each other affected one another over decades. A simple and quick read, but no less profound and enjoyable. The title of this post is a quote from the book.


Listening To: Christmas Piano Jazz on Spotify. I mean, what else is there to say? It’s perfect.

Watching: “Gossip Girl” season one. I had never watched this show but I read the books when they first started coming out years ago. I stopped reading because the characters are very catty and eventually there was no one left to sleep with one they’ve fucked everyone they know. I wanted to give the show a shot however because I heard the New York location shots are beautiful and they indeed are. I’m admittedly addicted now but we’ll see how long I can stomach the petty drama

Wanting To: Find my center. I’m feeling very lost right now. Not in an overbearing or bad way, just one of those….misplaced feelings. I did however, officially stop biting my nails which doesn’t sound like much but it’s a personal feat. From a small age I started biting them to be more like my older cousin and I never stopped, resulting in being embarrassed about them my entire life. Once I moved to the city I wanted to sop, and them I simply did. Score one for me =P

And so life goes on, much as it has been. I’m feeling restless, and am hoping for something big to come my way. If it does, you will all be the first to know. =)


0 comments:

Post a Comment